Sister of the ship "Taiyuan II"
|IDO /IMO No.5111646.|
|Gross Registered Tonnage||2,994 grt. 2,100 nett.|
|Builder||Taikoo D.& E.Co. Yard No.249.|
|Hull||Steel, clincher construction.|
|Length||312 ft. F'c'sle 42 ft. Bridge 95 ft. Poop 41 ft.|
|Engine Builder||Taikoo D.& E.Co.|
|Engine Type||Steam, triple expansion.|
|Engine Power||175 nhp.|
|Propulsion mode||single screw.|
|Generator voltage||110V DC.|
|Original owner||China Navigation Co.|
1939 - 1945. Placed under control of the Shipping controller.
1946. Returned to CNCo.
August 15th. 1950. Damaged by a Nationalist Chinese mine in the Yangtse estuary. Arrived in Hong Kong, under tow, for repair.
Septembert 1951. Sold to Cambay Prince S.S.Co. Hong Kong. (John Manners & C0. Ltd.) Renamed "San Eduardo"
1954. Transferred to China Shipping Co. (John Manners & Co.), same name.
1955. Sold to New Pacfic Navigation Co. renamed "Golden Gamma", World Wide Co. as managers.
Sept 1959. Owned by Peninsular Shipping Co., Hong Kong., Ocean Tramping Co., Ocean Tramping Co., as managers. Renamed "Fairford".
1960. Sold to the Peoples Republic of China.
Built for the express service, Shanghai - Amoy - Hong Kong - Canton.